|Ross Johnson||Chris Wright||Jeff Langlinais||Laura Obert|
|Stewart Nash||Patrick Plantenberg||Jean Sautter||Adam Six|
Minutes: BOARD MEETING FINAL MINUTES
ATTENDEES: Members = 9, GUESTS = 0
CALL TO ORDER: 5:32
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: MOTION: Jean S. moved to approve minutes from the March 14, 2017, meeting; Laura O. seconded, Passed.
- Received Invoice from Josten’s with attached “Thank You” from Wanda Moldenhaur (High School) for contributing to awards ($225.85). Chris doesn’t think we paid anything on this yet. MOTION: Pat P. moved to pay if we have done that in the past. Seconded by Jean S. P assed. Chris will check and pay if we’ve paid for this in the past.
- Budget Update-Chris
- Sustaining Members making contributions to the Rotary Foundation: Linda Cousineau, Jennifer Dalrymple, Ross Johnson, Bill Kearns, Philip Knaub, Brian Obert, Pat Plantenberg, Virginia Poole, John Rains, Jerry Rodacker, Laura Stevenson.
- $250 check sent for Ag Appreciation Dinner - Ross reported on the event: huge success, well attended
- Foundation Centennial Grant application for Head Start projects – update by Pat P.
- Dug out dirt between sidewalk and fence.
- Attached ledger board to fence and ¾” plywood across gap to prevent kids from falling into gap between sidewalk and fence.
- Plan to Rotate shed = 15 April, 10-2pm
- Construct raised beds = 18 April, 12-2pm
- Fall Fest Meeting Results
- Budget update - Chris
- Sponsorship Committee meeting (held April 8) attendees: Patrick, Chris, Jean S., Ross, Gord, and Laura O.
- Made list of ~150 potential sponsors
- Would like to have additional volunteers to sell sponsorships
- Social Media Advertising Plan update
- Laura Simonich provided Social Media plan
- Jumbotron – Madison Propane didn’t charge us for electricity last year. Ross discussed with them; they would like in-kind sponsorship this year for last year’s electricity. ACTION: Provide sponsorship to Madison Propane.
- District Grant for Skating Rink liner (application submitted by Patrick P. March 31)
- ACTION: Patrick to contact Mike Evans about lights. Four poles have been donated.
- Circus Update
- Circus = June 28; will have two shows 5:00 and 7:30
- Rotary can put logo on posters
- ACTION: Pat will put an ad in the newspaper telling the community that telemarketers will be calling individuals to sell tickets (it’s not a scam)
- Fairgrounds Projects with 4H - Patrick Update:
- Circus Profits will be split with 4H if they help sell tickets
- Working on having a Drive-In Movie Night at Fairgrounds in Summer 2017
- Rotary Records at Museum Progress - Committee meeting report
- New Member Orientation – at Legion on April 18th
- Drinks and Pizza 6:00
- 6:30-7:30 Program
- Patrick will contact New Members
- Other members are welcome; ACTION: Please RSVP so we can order pizza.
- District Conference – April 28-29 in Kalispell; Patrick presenting Public Image Presentation with District Membership Chair; Ross will attend also.
- Tasmanian Visit –
- June 3; Will only be in Townsend for the day; will return to Helena in evening
- Patrick has suggested a 4-wheeler trip through the Elkhorns; Looking for folks to volunteer their 4-wheeler and their time to drive and help guide.
- Pot luck at Legion
- A member asked if the Club could hold a fundraiser for a friend in need of financial assistance. Based on our policy (discussed at a recent meeting), we do not hold fundraisers for non-budgeted, non-member causes. Decided to pass-the-hat at the Regular Meeting.
- Family Membership - MOTION: Pat moved to allow Family Membership as “Honorary” members. First year fee = $35 ($10 for background check and $24 for annual dinner). Subsequent years = $24/year. Seconded by Stewart N. Treasurer (Chris) will include the Family Membership dues in the invoice to the “full” member.
- 30th Anniversary of Women in Rotary Celebration, Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Helena Sunrise, Saturday, May 6th, 2017, 6-7 cocktails; 7-9 dinner program and dessert auction, $30 per person, Radisson Colonial Hotel, 2301 Colonial Drive, Helena MT
- Broadwater Educational Foundation will hold its Annual Meeting on Monday, April 17, at 7:00 PM in the Townsend Library Classroom. Rotary donated $1000 last year. Laura O. will attend.
- Rotary tent – Chuck Harvey would like to borrow a tent from the club. Board agreed.
- Lifeguards – Adam S. presented receipts he received for lifeguard training. MOTION: Adam moved to approve $600 for training; Seconded by Laura O; Passed.
- Weight Room – MOTION: Adam moved to pay for re-upholstering high school weight room equipment in new gym. Old color = Griz red; now Bulldog Blue. Laura O. seconded; Passed. ACTION: Adam will provide cost to Treasurer.
- Blackfoot Communications Inc. – Internet provider will have community meeting in Community Room on Tuesday, April 18, to discuss providing Townsend with high-speed internet.
- Heritage Gardens (Heather Knack) – looking for volunteers for spring cleanup activity.
- Need a PEN (President Elect Nominee) to serve as club president 2018-2019
ADJOURN 6:30 to attend regular meeting