|Ross Johnson||Chris Wright||Jeff Langlinais||Stewart Nash|
|Patrick Plantenberg||Victor Sample||Jean Sautter||Adam Six|
BOARD MEETING MINUTES May 9, 2017 - APPROVED
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: MOTION: Jean moved to approve minutes from April 11, 2017 ; Stewart 2nd; Passed
- Budget Update -- Chris
- Circus is paid, Fairgrounds is paid for circus;
- Foundation Centennial Grant application for Head Start projects - next workday to be set by Patrick
- Paint this week
- Install shed this week
- Fall Fest Meeting Results -- update Adam
- District Grant for Skating Rink liner (application submitted March 31) -- no results yet
- Circus Update --
- June 28 two shows 5:00 and 7:30
- Telemarketing has started;
- Fairgrounds reserved;
- Skeeter the Clown will be here June 21
- Fairgrounds Projects with 4H -- Patrick Update
- Circus Profits
- Drive in Movie Night at Fairgrounds in Summer 2017 between August 19-31; still need committee
- District Conference -- Patrick and Ross attended
- Women in Rotary Celebration, Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Helena Sunrise, Saturday, May 6th, 2017 -- Patrick report
- Rotary International Gun Policy changes -- Ross send email with attachments and info to membership. RI's position is evolving; stay tuned...
- Rotary sponsorship of Community cleanup on May 13th
- MOTION: Adam moved to give $250 to Cleanup; Seconded by Jean; Passed
- Membership at the April 25th meeting asked the board to consider a $500 contribution to the Museum for recording old cassettes to disks help sponsor the cleanup on May 13th
- MOTION: Chris moved to donate $500 to Museum for digitizing oral histories; Seconded by Stewart; passed.
- Members asked if a way exists to help new members pay their initial dues. (George and Brigid, Bill Kearns, and Mary Ann Salladay would contribute). Discussion - It's a good idea that needs more thought to emplement in a way that doesn't cause undue burden.
- Adam S – Townsend Skating Rink submitted 3 x $90 invoices for latrines. Rotary challenged the community to help pay; not sure if any funds came in for that cost.
- MOTION: Chris moved to pay balance due this year; Seconded by Vic seconded; passed. If no one from the community contributes, Patrick will write letter in newspaper.
ADJOURN: to attend regular meeting at 6:30