|Ross Johnson||Chris Wright||Jeff Langlinais||Stewart Nash|
|Patrick Platenberg||Vic Sample||Jean Sautter||Adam Six|
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: by President Ross Johnson at 5:30PM in the back room of the Mint
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: MOTION - Stewart N. moved to approve Minutes from the Board meeting held January 10, 2017. Seconded by Vic S. Passed.
- Budget Update – Chris presented “Budget Year to Date” and “Balance Sheet”. After some discussion on expected costs for PETS attendees and how budgeted funding is allocated, a motion was made. MOTION – Pat P. moved to increase amount allocated to PETS Conference (item 5306) from $2000 to $3000. Jean S. seconded. Passed.
- Foundation Centennial Grant application for Head Start projects is approved and check has been received. In the Regular Meeting, solicit members to form committee.
- Fall Fest Meeting Results –
- Fall Fest will be held Sept 29 thru Oct 1.
- Subcommittees need to get budgets in by March 7
- District Grant for skating rink
- No progress
- Application due March 31
- Community Works Grant from NWEnergy - no update. Possible projects:
- Fairgrounds Light Fixtures Project
- New Lights and fix sprinkler system in Heritage Park
- Adam S. says that NWEnergy has extra poles for lighting
- Fairgrounds Projects with 4H
- Pat P. talked to Hugh Bratten. They are eager to help with the Circus and Movie Night
- Discussed sharing profits from the Circus and Drive in Movie Night at Fairgrounds
- Share profits with 4H if they help with Fall Fest
- Townsend Skating Rink Porta Potty - Challenge Grant is in progress
- Rotary Records at Museum Progress
- Pat P., Vic S., and Jeff L., met with Linda Huth at the Museum to look over the records and to develop a plan to digitize and make the files searchable.
- Pat & Jeff have digitized records from the 1950’s.
- Vic will develop software tools to facilitate adding digitized docs to make them accessible through the Club’s web site.
- Discuss Think Tank Meeting January 24
- Ross sent an email to the membership asking “Why did you join?” Most feedback says members joined to contribute to the community.
- Additional Topics?
- Discussed Slice of Summer and Fall Fest needs such as a better second grilling stove, another pot and burner to thaw brats, and new “easy-up” shelters to replace ones that were damaged by hail last year. MOTION – Jean S. moved to approve $1000 to purchase pots, burners and easy-ups. Stewart seconded. Passed.
- Discussed process for terminating membership for those who request it.
- Member should notify Membership Committee (Club President is Chair of Membership).
- Membership Committee will notify Secretary (who will handle termination in ClubRunner), and Treasurer.
- Members requesting termination: Daylene Hansen, Jackie Kynett, Mike Stevenson, and Jennifer Stewart. Secretary will enter in ClubRunner.
- Joel Brown is approved for membership. Secretary will add him in ClubRunner.
- John O’Dell is an interested potential member. The Board gave approval for Pat to pole the members for feedback before officially reviewing and approving him at a future meeting.
ADJOURN at 6:25 to attend regular meeting
Jeff Langlinais, Secretary