Regular Meeting Minutes for 4/11/2017
|Thunder Boone||Paul Bray||Randy Brown||Mary Heinemann|
|Brigid Jenkins||George Jenkins||Ross Johnson||James Kearns|
|Robin Kirscher||Jeff Langlinais||Stewart Nash||Brian Obert|
|Laura Obert||Gord Pearse||Patrick Plantenberg||Nancy Putz|
|John Rains||Mary Ann Salladay||Ron Salladay||Vic Sample|
|Jean Sautter||Laura Stevenson||Hugh VanSwearingen||Chris Wright|
Minutes: REGULAR MEETING MINUTES -APPROVED
ATTENDEES: 24 members, 2 guests
CALL TO ORDER, WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
GUESTS: Crystal Neely, Joe Coyne
- Crystal’s husband is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Passed hat; $400 collected.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MOTION: Patrick P. moved to approve minutes from March 28, 2017, meeting; Thunder seconded; Passed.
Biography: Ross Johnson
- Born & raised in S. Dakota on a ranch (still run by brother). Was sort of a troublemaker in grade school. Graduated high school in 1972. Tried college then entered Air Force where he served in S Korea and Okinawa. Back to College; graduated 1981 Business Management. Started as banking examiner then in 2005 moved to Billings as president of bank. Took a year off to be with ailing father before working at Mountain West Bank in Helena; then to Townsend at State Bank before retiring and is now doing what retired folks do….
- Budget Update-Chris; Fall Fest budget projected net income = $25,875.
- Ag Appreciation Dinner – Report by Ross
- Scholarship update – Bill Upthegrove (no report)
- Fall Fest Meeting Results – budget update: Chris already received four payments from vendors!!
- Sponsorship Committee meeting – need more volunteers
- Social Media Advertising Plan update – Lauren will bring plan to next FF meeting (May 2)
- Head Start Centennial Grant update-next workday
- Thunder, Crystal will help paint – date to be set
- Rotate shed = 15 April, 10-2pm
- Construct raised beds = 18 April, 12-2pm
- Ron = School constructing new shed
- District Grant for Skating Rink liner (application was submitted March 31) Patrick – will find out in May if we get grant.
- Broadwater Educational Foundation will hold its Annual Meeting on Monday, April 17, at 7:00 PM in the Townsend Library Classroom. Our club donated $1000 last year. Laura O and Ross J plan to attend.
- New Member Orientation – At Legion on April 18th; Drinks and Pizza 6:00; 6:30-7:30 Program, Please RSVP to Pat P. so we can order pizza.
- Fairgrounds Projects with 4H – Patrick Update
- Circus Update – June 28, two shows at 5:00 and 7:30
- Circus Profits will be shared with 4-H (if they are involved)
- Drive in Movie Night at Fairgrounds in Summer (August?) 2017
- Rotary Records at Museum Progress – Committee meeting report
- RYLA update – Beth (not present) is working with former attendees.
- Community Clean up – Update Vic; moving forward; Vic is talking to various community organizations and publications for publicity.
- District Conference 2017 (Apr 28-29 in Kalispell) - Patrick presenting Public Image Presentation with District Membership Chair; Board previously approved $300/person financial support
- Tasmanian Visit – June 3. Patrick has suggested a 4-wheeler trip through the Elkhorns; Who can help guide them and who would let them use 4-wheelers? Pot luck at Legion
- Bingo at Nursing Home (April 19: John Rains and Mary Heinemann)
- Rotary exchange J1 Visa needs help; an email was sent to members asking them to send letter to legislators.
- Rotary celebration of 30 years of Women in Rotary May 6th in Helena. Starts at 6pm with Happy Hour and dinner is served at 7pm. Sheila Stearns, Former Commissioner of Higher Education, is guest speaker. Cost is $30 per person.
- Family Membership approved at Board Meeting
OTHER ROTARY/COMMUNITY EVENTS
- 15 April, 10-2pm – Rotate shed at Head Start
- April 17 – Broadwater Education Foundation Meeting, Monday, April 17, at 7:00 PM in the Townsend Library Classroom
- 18 April, 12-2pm – Construct raised beds at Head Start
- April 18 – New Member Orientation, Legion, 6 pm Drinks and Pizza, 6:30-7:30 Orientation Program
- April 19 – Nursing Home Bingo
- April 20 – Trivia at Staggering Ox
- April 20 – Slice of Summer meeting, 6 pm
- April 25 – Regular Meeting, 6:30 Mint
- April 28-29 – DISTRICT CONFERENCE 2017, Hilton Garden Inn, Kalispell; Patrick, Ross, going
- May 6th – Women in Rotary Celebration in Helena at the Radisson, 6pm
- May 11 – Sip n’ Paint at Legion; social at 6:00, paint at 7:00
- May 13 – Community Cleanup Day, call Vic for details and to volunteer
- May 21 – Museum Open House, 1 pm
- June 1 – BHC Open House
- June 3 – Hosting Tasmanian Friendship Exchange Members. Pot luck at Legion
- June 10-14 – Rotary International Atlanta Convention-Patrick and Mary and Ross and Diane and Jeff going
- June 17 – County wide garage sale
- June 28, Circus
- July 11, 1 PM to July 15 12 pm – RYLA Camp, Luccock Park Camp
- July 28 – Radersburg anniversary celebration
- Sep 21-23 – PEACE PARK ASSEMBLY, Waterton Park
HAPPY BUCKS!! – BHC Activities
- Pat P. – Trees for Tree Board arrived when he was out of town. Called a few folks and ten showed up to unload trees. Thanks to all who helped!!!
- Robin K. – is back from Dominican Republic. Plans on giving a program of their adventures
- Bill K. – Is back from vacation.
- Laura O. – Was approved by unanimous vote in State Senate to be chair of the Board of Crime Control
FOUR WAY TEST: