|Paul Bray||Linda Cousineau||Bethany Ihle||Brigid Jenkins|
|George Jenkins||Diane Johnson||Ross Johnson||Robin Kirscher|
|Jeffrey Langlinais||KayLynn Murray||Laura Obert||Patrick Plantenberg|
|John Rains||Mary Ann Salladay||Victor Sample||Judy Schenk|
|Duane Simonich||Lauren Simonich||Adam Six||Charles Slyker|
Regular Meeting Minutes - APPROVED at Aug 22 meeting
August 8, 2017
ATTENDEES: Members = 21; Guests = 5
PLEDGE/PRAYER: For food and health and happy days, accept our gratitude and praise. In serving others Lord may we Repay our debt of love to thee.
CALL TO ORDER at 6:30 by President Laura Obert
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS/GUESTS:
- Alissa Draper
- RYLA Attendees: Ronnie Steele, Taylor Noyes, Daniel Wyse, and Parker Hufnagel
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: None
- Each attendee told what attending RYLA meant to them.
- Daniel Wise wants to restart Interact Club!
- Budget Update – Chris: Only one month into fiscal year; not much to report yet
- Activities & Committees Update – Laura: Reviewed committee sign-up sheets & opportunities. Encouraged members to get active by pursuing an activity or project in which they are interested. Members should focus on a few activities and are not expected to be involved in everything.
- Slice of Summer – Adam: The last SOS is August 17th.
- MOTION: Patrick moved to ontrtibute funds from SOS to the proposed Interact Club; no second; motion died. Discussion revealed that funds are already budgeted for Interact.
- Montanacana Music Festival – August 19: Rotary to sell tickets and refreshments. Sign-up sheet circulated. Rotarians should wear Rotary shirts.
- Fall Fest Meeting – August 29: Ross provided a brief report
- Social media advertising is getting a lot of “hits” and seems to be doing well
- Brigid has ordered merchandise
- Pretzels will be sold by Rotary this year
- Madison River Propane will provide propane this year
- Some sponsor companies will provide volunteer workers
- Ross attended Helena Noon Rotary Club and bought four “Women in Rotary” pins that he wanted to give to deserving women in our club:
- Laura Obert, Jean Sautter, Beth Ihle and Judy Shenk received pins
- Patrick attended District Assembly in Butte and provided a report:
- Changes in grant program include requiring only one participant (instead of two) at District Assembly for a club to qualify for a grant
- The next District Assembly is in Fairmont in April
- If you go to Butte, consider taking the Cabbage Patch Ghost tour!
- Vic reported that on-line signup for events is working. Using the on-line signup will reduce duplicate lists and (hopefully) confusion.
OTHER ROTARY/COMMUNITY EVENTS
- August 17 – Slice of Summer
- August 19 – Montanacana music event at Townsend Fairgrounds; Rotary will sell drinks
- August 29 – Fall Fest Meeting at Betsy, 6pm
- Sep 21-23 – PEACE PARK ASSEMBLY, Waterton Park
FOUR WAY TEST: Of the things we think, do, or say: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it BUILD GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned? And is it FUN!!