|☑ Thunder Boone||☑ Paul Bray||☐ Joel Brown||☐ Randy Brown|
|☐ Debbie Clark||☐ Linda Cousineau||☑ Joseph Coyne||☐ Jennifer Dalrymple|
|☑ Shelley Douthett||☐ Ernest Forrey||☑ Mary Heinemann||☐ Eleanor Holling|
|☐ Kyle Hopstad||☐ Bethany Ihle||☐ Brigid Jenkins||☑ George Jenkins|
|☑ Diane Johnson||☑ Ross Johnson||☑ James Kearns||☐ Robin Kirscher|
|☐ John Klara||☐ Michele Klara||☑ Philip Knaub||☑ Jeffrey Langlinais|
|☑ KayLynn Murray||☑ Laura Obert||☐ Brian Obert||☑ Gordon Pearse|
|☑ Patrick Plantenberg||☐ Virginia Poole||☑ Nancy Putz||☑ John Rains|
|☑ Gerald Rodacker||☐ Mary Ann Salladay||☐ Ronald Salladay||☑ Victor Sample|
|☑ Jean Sautter||☑ Judy Schenk||☐ Kathy Sewell||☐ Duane Simonich|
|☐ Lauren Simonich||☐ Adam Six||☑ Charles Slyker||☐ Laura Stevenson|
|☐ William Upthegrove||☐ Mary Upton||☐ Hugh VanSwearingen||☑ Christopher Wright|
Members marked with ☑ were in attendance
Rotary Club of Townsend
Regular Meeting Minutes - APPROVED
December 12, 2017
ATTENDEES: Members = 23, Guests = 6
PLEDGE/PRAYER: For food and health and happy days, accept our gratitude and praise. In serving others Lord may we Repay our debt of love to thee.
CALL TO ORDER: by President Laura O. at 6:30pm in the Mint back room
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS: None
GUESTS: Amber Rouser, Marion Green, Valerie Baraza and husband, Alex Potter, Dr. Cynthia Schmeck
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MOTION: Pat moved to approve Nov 14th meeting minutes; seconded by Vic; Passed
CORRESPONDENCE: Received “Thank-You” notes from third-grade students who received Rotary dictionaries
- Dr. Cynthia Schmeck – Sharing an office with Dr. Six, Dr. Schmeck is the new Naturopathic doctor in town. After getting her Bachelor’s degree from Alvernia University, Reading, PA, Dr. Schmeck obtained her Masters of Nutrition and Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from the Univ. of Bridgeport in Bridgeport, CT. She then completed a certified Naturopathic medical residency in Billings, MT with a primary focus in Naturopathic oncology, physical/sports medicine and integrative family medicine. She provided integrative oncology care to cancer patients at the St. Vincent Frontier Cancer Center in Billings and taught cancer survivorship and weekly lifestyle improvement classes for patients and their families. She was also a participating physician in the Paul Gardner Pain Relief Foundation, which provides alternative natural treatments for veterans suffering with pain. By incorporating proper nutrition and exercise prescription and instruction into her individualized treatments, Dr. Schmeck empowers her patients to improve their overall quality of life. When she is not treating her patients or personal training, Dr. Schmeck enjoys hiking, hunting, photographing nature, dancing and pursuing her personal fitness goals.
- Valerie Baraza – Want to make your home smell wonderful? Call Valerie and host a My Scentsy party at your home. Valerie lives in Townsend and has a business selling fragrance products by having folks host an event in their home where Valerie sets up and sell her products. Contact Valerie at valeriebaraza.sentsy.us or at 775-335-5140.
- Alex Potter – Alex has a business model similar to Valerie except Alex markets wines offered by Traveling Vineyard. An independent wine guide, Alex will come to your house with five amazing wines for you and your guests to sip on. You provide your home, invite your friends, provide munchies (Alex can provide advice for this) and sit back and enjoy! Interested? Contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website: www.myttv.com/mtwinegal.
- Phil’s Phorest – Thank you Philip and crew – Happy Holidays!!!
- Holiday Party Time! – Kay, Judy, Diane, Ross, Patrick and others (meet after regular meeting)
- Cookies for Senior Light Tour – Those of you who will be baking cookies for the Senior Light Tour:
- Call or email Brigid to let her know how many cookies you are making.
- to bag – 36 Carroll Drive or p/u Sunday afternoon
- High School Freshman Leadership Training – Three RYLA attendees (Daniel Wyse, Ronnie Steele and Tommiejo Steee) met with the Rotary Board this evening to describe a training session they have proposed to the school administration. The school admin likes the idea and is taking the idea to the school board. They are asking Rotary to partially fund the event, if approved. The Board agreed to fund up to $1500 of the event.
- Tina Edelblut’s Community Plans for the Masonic Temple – Rotary approached Tina to see how much we owed for utilities when we recently used her building for the Sponsor’s Thank You Dinner. Tina didn’t want money – instead, she wants Rotary and the community to use the building more often. Thank You, Tina!
- Christmas Light Judging – Jean S. leads the team. Additional volunteers: Thunder, Ross & Laura O.
- Bingo this Wednesday – Ross & Diane will help
- Senior Dinner and Light Tour is this coming Monday and Tuesday evenings.
- Volunteers - sign up with John Rains (406-202-5309).
- Poinsettia delivery volunteers needed for 2:00 on Friday – Call John
- Jumpstart / We Notice You program – President Laura O. will implement a new program, starting in January, which is being promoted by District with the goal of membership retention. The idea is to recognize one or two members per month. More info to follow…..
- No Rotary meeting Dec 26th; next meeting January 9th.
OTHER ROTARY/COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Dec 16 – Christmas Connection, 8am-12pm; deliver 12pm-3pm; Fire Hall
- Dec 18-19 – Senior Dinner and Lite Tour: 4:30 pickup, 5:00 dinner, 6:00 tour, Senior Center
- 20 Dec – Missouri Valley Marketing Rifle Raffle, Artisans on Broadway
- Dec 25 – Townsend Community Christmas Dinner, 2pm to 4pm, Methodist Church - 200 N Cedar St
- Dec 25 –Radersburg Potluck Christmas Dinner, Starts at 1pm - Radersburg School Community Room
- Dec 26 – No Rotary meeting; next meeting Jan 9th.
- Nancy P - Went to Foo Fighters concert; Cousin married to long-time girlfriend. Now Nancy is related to Warren Buffett!
- Jerry R. - Got new hearing aids, but lost control of the TV remote.
- Shelly D. - Cousin's adoption went through in Thailand! ...And Jerry missed a belt loop.
- Vic S. - Washington football team going to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Bill K. - Really likes Phil's Phorest.
- Pat P. - Thanks to all for making the Fall Fest Thank You party go so well!
- Jeff L. - Told story of deer hunting with Ron S. Just as he was about to sight in the deer, the phone rang. Whoops! Jeff shot the deer then checked the phone. It was ROn calling to say that deer were headed in Jeff's direction.
FOUR WAY TEST: Of the things we think, do, or say: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it BUILD GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned? And is it FUN!!
Jeff Langlinais, Club Secretary