|☑ Jenni Bonser||☑ Randy Brown||☑ Diane Brown||☐ Nichole Brown|
|☑ Jennifer Chamberlin||☑ Philip Clark||☐ Debbie Clark||☑ Linda Cousineau|
|☐ Gayle Curtis||☐ Jennifer Dalrymple||☑ Shelley Douthett||☐ Ernest Forrey|
|☐ James Gundersen||☐ Keith Hartmann||☑ Mary Heinemann||☐ Eleanor Holling|
|☐ Albertina Homann||☐ Kyle Hopstad||☐ Bethany Ihle||☐ Brigid Jenkins|
|☐ George Jenkins||☑ Ross Johnson||☐ Diane Johnson||☐ James Kearns|
|☑ Robin Kirscher||☐ John Klara||☐ Michele Klara||☐ Philip Knaub|
|☑ Jennifer Lane||☐ Jeffrey Langlinais||☑ KayLynn Murray||☑ Kristine Nunn|
|☑ Brian Obert||☐ Laura Obert||☑ Gordon Pearse||☑ Patrick Plantenberg|
|☐ Virginia Poole||☐ Nancy Putz||☑ John Rains||☐ Gerald Rodacker|
|☐ Ronald Salladay||☐ Mary Ann Salladay||☑ Victor Sample||☑ Jean Sautter|
|☑ Judy Schenk||☐ Kathleen Sewell||☐ Serebrena Short||☐ Duane Simonich|
|☐ Lauren Simonich||☑ Adam Six||☑ Charles Slyker||☐ Ty Steele|
|☐ Laura Stevenson||☑ Jody Toney||☐ William Upthegrove||☐ Mary Upton|
|☐ Hugh VanSwearingen||☑ Christopher Wright|
Members marked with ☑ were in attendance
Rotary Club of Townsend
Regular Meeting Minutes - APPROVED
September 24, 2019
ATTENDEES: Members = 24
PLEDGE/PRAYER: For food and health and happy days, accept our gratitude and praise. In serving others Lord may we Repay our debt of love to thee.
CALL TO ORDER: by President Chuck at 6:30pm in the Mint back room
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
GUESTS: DG Sandy Wong, ADG Ann Dooling, Peter Parr, Sam Lane (Interact)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MOTION: Patrick moved to approve the 9/10 meeting minutes; seconded by Shelley.; Passed
CORRESPONDENCE: Community Social Service thanking us for sponsoring cowpie bingo.
PROGRAM: Dist Gov Sandy Wong, a member of the Rotary Club of Billings, joined Rotary 29 years ago. She is a Mortgage Bank. In three years she will quality for the Rotary’s Rule of 85 which is your age+the years you have been a rotary member. Sandy handed out Rotary trivia sheets and gave members five minutes to get through the questions.
DG Wong encouraged members to donate at least $25 to Rotary International. Right now there is a 2:1 match from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and a 1:1 match from the World Fund which would result in $100 dollars total being donated to RI. Go to RI.org or contact your local treasurer to make your donation.
She is looking for help with district events such as planning next April's district conference.
As part of the District Governor’s club to club gift exchange as she visits each club, our club received a wine basket from the Bozeman club for us to be able to raffle off. We gave twenty-five $4 tokens,good for Fall Fest that will go forward to the Deer Lodge club.
- Rotary shirts - Jeff handed out shirts at the Sept 10th regular meeting. He will contact those that did not get a shirt after he returns on the 29th to arrange delivery or pickup before the start of Fall Fest on Oct 4th.
- Fall Fest walk-thru - next Tuesday, 10/01. Fall Fest committees are working to wrap up their work.
- Fall Fest – High School Senior parents are asking if Seniors can sell 50/50 tickets during Fall Fest. The response was “yes”. They will sell during Fall Fest and announce winner on Sunday.
- SignUpGenius - still have lots of openings available for working Fall Fest. Interact Kids have scheduled hours with Jen Lane as to when they also working the Fall Fest weekend.
- Shelter Box Champion – Jen L volunteered the Interact Club and herself to work with the Shelter Box program. Linda C is also going to work with Jen. Chuck will notify Dave Addor, Shelter Box Ambassador
- Dictionaries - will be purchasing 50 this year.
- Background checks - Chuck contacted club to let them know that some will need to renew their background check, this is due for every member every 3 years. Mary H. will be contacting members who need to have their checks renewed. Members are responsible for the cost of completing the check, $27.50.
- Legion Project Update - Restoration needs at the Legion have now been projected in the $50,000 range. A Go-Fund-Me has been set up by the Legion to raise funds. Our Club’s Legion Project this year is to help the Legion extend the back end of the building. That is a $17,000 dollar project. The Club will provide $4,000 ($1,000 + $3,000 granted from BCF and BCDC) plus service hours.
- Jen L - Interact Club: Sam Lane, Interact Vice President, attended the Rotary meeting as the Interact representative.
- Sunday, Interact had their first annual“Camp Interact” meeting and leadership retreat where they focused on leadership training, set goals for the year, and participated in team-building activities. The club determined that leadership training for the Freshman class and assisting Rotary continue to be their top priority.
- They were surprised with a UNICEF dinner, which offered different plates of food, representing the different types of meals from around the world. It was meant to increase international understanding of the global hungry index, where more than 70% of the world eats on less than $2/day. Kids sat down randomly, uncovered the various food to see what they received. The meals were: 5 bowls of beans and rice, 12 bowls of pork stew, 6 cheeseburgers, and 2 Steak medallions and a whole lobster. The meal helped them appreciate what others may receive as a single meal for the day. Kids ended up sharing their meals in the end. Senior Dinner and lights tour scheduled for 12/16 and 12/17.
- Senior center update - Jenni B will be taking the lead. Center asking about when the chairs will arrive. Will work on this after Fall Fest
- Four new lights received from NW Energy. Looking for people to show up at Heritage Park Saturday morning to help install the new lights.
- Linda C. - Dolly Parton library, program is now starting. Donations to support or sign up a child to receive a book; must be five-and-under to receive a book. Books are personalized for the child receiving the book. Linda handed out materials on how to participate. Community Foundation did give them a grant to help them get started.
- Rotary leadership Institute - did not get enough people signed up to be able to do it in Helena. Looking to move the event to this spring.
- Jenn thanked Brian O. for help with hay art banner, Pat for help with Interact Kids, and Chuck for attending the retreat. The Senior Class appreciated borrowing the Rotary tents for their Steak Fry event.
- Diane thanked Rotary members who helped with Rodeo ticket sales.
- Shelly D. just returned from a trip to Ireland with her sister and daughter. Had a great time; visited where the Titanic was built; visited castles.
- 50/50 Winner = Food Pantry
FOUR WAY TEST: Of the things we think, do, or say: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it BUILD GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned? And is it FUN!!
Diane Brown & Jeff Langlinais, Club Secretary